Monday, June 28, 2010

Back to Reality

I do believe, one of the hardest things to do would have to be getting back into the swing of things after being on vacation for a week. I definitely DID NOT want to go to work today. I admit, I started dreading it as soon as I got home last night. I'm working on improving that part of my life...

Colorado was fantastic. It was a blur of a week, going from here to there and back again, driving the beautiful bride from appointment to appointment, loving every minute of it. Katelyn looked absolutely STUNNING and oh so happy the whole week, especially on the big day.

I got in Tuesday night (Braden and I made it in 7 hours somehow...and back in 6...not too shabby!) and met the girls for the bachelorette party at Wild Ivories, a dueling piano bar in downtown Denver. The players were pretty funny and very talented. They could even play Miley Cyrus. THAT is talent. Jokes, Jokes.

Being sung to

Wednesday morning, I spent a few hours just chatting with Katy's mom, who is an amazing lady, and sipping lemonade on their back deck. I then went with Katelyn up to Louisville where the Lion House was, which is where she had her ceremony and reception. We went through the ceremony rehearsal and then decorated the reception hall. After which, we had a nice little BBQ dinner in the Louisville Community Park. Very laid back and enjoyable. That night, Katelyn stayed with Katy and I, just like old times (sniffle, sniffle).

Then came Thursday, which was full of hair appointments, picking up the dress just in the nick of time from getting alterations done, pictures, and the beautiful ceremony. Seeing Katelyn walk down the aisle, and seeing Sam's (her now husband) face, was priceless. I almost started crying! Ther cermony was short and perfect, followed by more pictures, dinner, and DANCING! All very enjoyable and it was amazing to spend time with my girls again to celebrate.

So happy!

Absolutely stunning bride

The rest of the weekend I spent with family just relaxing. On my way to Papa Baldwin's house, I passed an open field with men dressed in Civil War uniforms, playing baseball with ladies dressed in big dresses and bonnets. I had quite a giggle with that one! Terri got me to try on some of Grandma Baldwin's old clothes, wedding dress and her wedding dress, which inspired Grandma Dunning and I to try on her wedding dress. What can I say, wedding is in the air! It was fun to see all the dresses and try them on.

Grandma Dunning's

Grandma Baldwin's

Terri's

When I got home, I was greeted by beautiful flowers and licorice from Dallin and a earring holder from Courtney. They spoil me! Seeing Dallin was good. I missed him (I know, I know, "ahhh...blahh...corny!") Now its back to the grind with work, classes, and registering my car in Utah. Good bye California liscence plates (sniffle, sniffle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...