Monday, July 5, 2010

Freedom!

On Wednesday, I will be taking my final for my on-line class and will be free of Jose for just about 2 weeks before my second class starts. Boy am I excited for those weeks of not having to watch Jose for 8 hours!

For Independence Day, Dallin and I went to the Sugarhouse park fireworks display with his cousin, his cousin's friend, and his roommate. They really do amazing things with fireworks these days! Dallin's "awe" moment was when one exploded into a perfect red star. I was more a fan of the ones that crackle as then rain down.


After living in California for so long, where fireworks of any kind are illeagal, I was in shock when fireworks were going off in the streets in front of houses! At one point, I was driving down the street and somone threw a big TNT firework right in front of my car. Obviously, that certain person did not have their head screwed on very tightly at that particular time. However, I was able to avoid contact with the ignited firework and drive away safely.

Enjoying the 4th of July

We also tried a new recipe for a pork taco with pineapple salsa. Not very pleased with it, but it is always fun to try new things. Thank goodness for the patriotic trifle to make up for the let down dinner.

Yum!

Now, as you all may remember, I got addicted to So You Think You Can Dance last season. The seventh season has started and I have officially chosen my favorites! The girl is Lauren and the guy is Alex. I am more for Alex due to his hip-hop routine from last week that had me smiling the WHOLE time, mainly because he is a ballett dancer who completely blew everyone away with his ability to hip-hop. He is amazing.


Wishing you all a Happy 4th of July and hoping it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...