One day of work this upcoming week (woot, woot!) and then Tuesday, I make the trip to Colorado. If all goes according to plan, I will be making it just in the nick of time for Katelyn's bachelorette party in Denver at the Dueling Piano Bar. Thankfully, I do not have to make the trip alone, as I convinced good old Braden that he needs to visit his family in Loveland. I will admit it was a selfish move but, he just took the MCATs and a trip home is just what the stress doctor ordered.
Anyway, I am more than excited to be in Colorado, see one of my best friends get married, visit family, and...not be working for
6 days! I am set to go with my PINK bridesmaid dress, pink fake toenails (yes, they are fake), and Billy is ready to make the trip after he got his tires rotated and balanced, as well as he will be getting a bath tonight by the every so amazing, Dallin. The trip will be a much needed getaway. My only concern is that I will not want to come back.
Gel toes-just like fake nails on your fingers, but for your toes! They are great (especially when they are free with gift certificates) because they don't fade or chip like nail polish
This past week, my good buddy Wes, who just got back from his mission in England, came to visit Utah. We went to temple square and reminisced as we took a tour of the Conference Center (amazing building!), and walked around Temple Square and the Joseph Smith Building. We attempted staking out at the Church Office Building in hopes of "accidentally" running into President Monson or an apostle, but the doors were locked seeing as they close at 6pm. It did cross our minds to hang out in the parking garage, but then decided that was taking it a step too far. The visit from Wes was grand!
Conference Center
Built with a design that eliminates the need for any pillars. Amazing.
Can seat 22,000 people
I introduced Dallin to the wonderful world of Mediterranean food. Can you believe the boy has never had a falaffel or a gyro?!?!? Especially when he lived in SLO, which has a pretty amazing Mediterranian restraunt downtown. However, he is a falaffel virgin, no more! I made some homemade falaffels and he absolutely
LOVES them. I thought I was going to have to go out and buy more garbanzo beans to make more for him. They were quite tasty.
Delicious!
He approves
I also accomplished the feat of organizing everything in my room. It was getting to the point that I felt as though I were living in a storage shed. So, I got some storage drawers, which worked wonders in creating organization out of mayhem. I feel much better, now.
Wonderful little drawers
I am bummed the Laker's won, they win too much and it is annoying, plus that Pau Gasol guy is just plain nasty. Nevertheless, the week was not bad. My favorite is coming home from work and just letting my mind forget about work. My new goal is to leave work at work because it does not make me a very pretty person when I dwell on it.
Ewww! Get a haircut and take shower, dude!I do have a favorite commercial this week. As always, it makes me giggle and KIA is on a role with making me do so!
Happy first day of summer in 2 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment