Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away

Some weeks I think, "Man, nothing happened this week!" But then I start to think about the past week, determined that my life is not that monotonous, and sure enough, little things begin to stand out; both good and bad.

I'll start with the sad news so that I can leave on a happier note. Dozer, my first dog that I bought and amazing dog all around, got sick Tuesday night. Mama B sent me a picture of him lying on his side in the middle of the room after being let into the house. He never just lies down. He usually has to play keep away for a bit before calming down. She then informed me that he has been throwing up all night. She took him into the vet on Friday (after she found out bad new regarding her job-her life is a country song right now), and today they discovered that he has an incurable viral infection and the family decided to put him down. I usually don't get too upset about pets dying, but this stupid dog had a special place in my life. And, as much as mama b and the twins said he was a "devil dog" they will miss him just as much. Bright side is they can have a backyard again...

RIP Dozer

On to happier news!

So You Think You Can Dance has started up again. No more needs to be said as to why that is happy news!

Also, this week seemed to be the week of dreams. I don't know if it was because I was woken up so often throughout the night that I remembered my dreams, or if they were just such odd dreams, that my brain really wanted to remember them when I woke up in the morning. Either way, I was waking up each morning with MULTIPLE dreams remembered, followed by flashes of more dreams that I had as I went through my day. I will share just a few that made me laugh in the morning:

  • My boss calling me into his office to ask me how to laminate his desk because he was tired of it being dirty and just wanted an easy way to clean it. Perfectly logical to laminate it. I just kept thinking, "why don't you just clean up after yourself before it gets so gross?!?!"

  • Driving with one of my co-workers and I did a tap and go at a stop sign. A cop soon begins to follow me with siren on. As I pull over, I realize I don't have my driver's license with me. The cop comes up to the window and hands me a gift card to Outback Steakhouse for good driving.
  • Helping one of my families with their home programs and the child got mad at me for changing their home life.
  • First boyfriend wanted to get back together, but was in love with another girl and didn't know what to do until I finally told him it was not that hard to figure out and that he needed to grow up and move on with his life.

After typing them all out, I realize a lot involve work. Do you think work is taking over my brain?!?!

I did meet with the family of whom I am doing my first consultation. I was nervous, but really enjoyed sitting down with the family and going over the programs that I put together for their son to hopefully help them get through each day a little easier. The real test is when I go back in a month to see how the programs have been working.

"Project Tan" has not been going so well...the weather has not been very cooperative. It started raining on Tuesday, and has not stopped since. Next week is supposed to be hot and sunny again so hopefully I will get some color before Katelyn's wedding so that I am not the glowing white bridesmaid causing a glare in all of the photographs. Jokes, jokes! I'm not that white...

Lexi sent me this video and it made me smile.



Rough times in life remind me to take a step back and focus on the little things that make me smile each and every day...like dance-offs at a baseball game!

Have a wonderful week all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...