Yoga breaths, by the way, are amazing! I know it may sound weird, but if life ever gets a little crazy, focus on breathing in the positive air and breathing out the negative, stressfulness inside...it really works. A mentor of mine once described a possible why this action of breathing is so effective. He said if you think about the process of breathing in a literal sense, you breathe out bad carbon dioxide, which then goes through the photosynthesis process with the assistance of trees, which then turns the bad air into beautiful, fresh oxygen that keeps you alive. See? It works to breathe out the bad and in the good!Back to life. A few weeks ago, Dallin and I wanted to get away from the city. This desire took us to Park City where we enjoyed fresh mountain air, delicious food at Squatter's, a walk down mainstreet through the art festival that was occurring, and even a nice thunderstorm. Seeing all the stars made me realize how used to living without stars I have gotten, being in the city and all. They are still breathtaking!
Enjoying delicious fish tacos at Squatter's
Yum!
The art festival was neat to walk through and see what people come up with and create. We went into a Western art gallery where we found a small painting of mountains with a lake and cowboys on horses; very similar to the paintings grandpa Dunning used to paint. This little painting was on sale at this gallery for $25,000! I sent a picture to my mom telling her grandma D. could be rolling in the dough right now. She then sent me a picture a week later of the amazing fondant decorated cake she made for Bailey's 7th birthday, laughing when I told her she should make them for people to buy. Apparently, they do art for family only. Anyway, Park City was a very nice getaway.
Lasso man will keep you warm on cold nights
Two weeks ago, Dallin and I had dinner with my Sunday school teachers from my high school years. For this dinner, we/I attempted to make rolls. As Dallin says, "You can make amazing things, but rolls are not one of them." Obviously, the roll attempt was a failure, which means I will probably be getting a few tips from Grandma. We tried TWO recipes, seeing as when we embarked on the second hour of rising for the first recipe the dough was still flat as could be. The recipe said it would rise in 40 minutes. The recipe, titled "Easy 1-2-3 Dinner rolls," lied. However, both recipes were eventually baked, and eaten. Yes, they did end up being edible, but MY GOODNESS!! Rolls are not my forte.
See? Edible
Not bad, but not good either
Courtney and I have officially moved into our new apartment. We did not have to go far. We literally took our belongings down a flight of stairs, through a walkway, and up 3 flights of stairs; same complex. However, we are getting a better deal and are happy with our choice to move.
Look how nice and homey our new place is!
Lucky bamboo to celebrate the move
Four days until I will be in California to celebrate the wonderful marriage of Katy and Kevin, as well as see my family. Thirteen days until Dallin and I will be in Colorado for Labor Day, enjoying that wonderfulness and little weekend getaway.
Even though I am busier than a dog with fleas is scratching, I'm enjoying life and am still able to spend some time with the even more busy boyfriend. At least no one has to worry about us being bored!
Wishing all a wonderful week!





No comments:
Post a Comment