The past two weeks, I have seen the inside of an airplane almost as much as a big wig in the business world. Two weeks ago I got to go to the lovely California to see family, as well as the beautiful Katy and Kevin get married at the San Francisco Zoo! For the reherashal dinner, we ate at McCormick's in Ghiradelli Square, which meant that we walked by fisherman's wharf to get there, which means...the Bushman! I'm not exaggerating when I say that he gets me EVERYTIME I'm in the area. For those of you have not been to that area recently, Bushman is a guy who hides behind a blind made of leaves that blend into the bushes of San Francisco and then jumps out at people and scares the ba-jeebees out of them. I happen to be one of those people, everyime I go down there. I suppose it is karma, considering I laugh uncotrollably when I see someone else get scared by him. However, this time he got me so bad that I even lost my shoe. Katelyn thought it was pretty funny, which I'm sure it was. Needless to say, we made it to the restraunt safely, and enjoyed an amazing meal, followed by a fun Bachelorette party at the Irish Pub dueling piano bar in downtown San Francisco.

The Bushman. However, if he catches you taking a picture, he will make you pay
The ceremony took place in the African Savannah, which was right in front of the zebras, giraffes, vultures, and other African animals. It was pretty fun to wait to go down the aisle next to the giraffes and a peacock meandering around. The whole wedding was absolutely GORGEOUS. I also really enjoyed getting to see the "K-Klub" again. My college experience was truely a great one, filled with amazing people.
The bridal party
Love these two! Congratulations!
Also in Cali, I was able to spend time with the Senelicks. That little Will is something else, growling at his food and showing you his Hulk muscles, always so happy. They are now making their way across the country to their new home in New York. They go from Island kids, to city kids! So well rounded.
Handsome little boy!
Don't let the sweet face fool you...just kidding!
Last week, Dallin and I made our way down to Colorado for him to meet the grandparents. The trip was Dallin's first time in Colorado. So, when we got in on Saturday, Aunt Terri took us to all of the touristy places including the Red Rocks, Coors Brewery in Golden (where we were laughed at for drinking lemonade and a Pepsi), as well as a quick drive by of downtown Denver. He loved it all. But really, who can not like Colorado? That night we went to good ol' Broomfield to meet up with the Baldwins to have dinner. Being Saturday during college football season, Dallin got a private lesson in Football 101 from papa. Poor kid didn't know he was getting into such a sport loving family. I tried to warn him. However, he loves learning so it was great.
In honor of dad's Alma mater, Colorado School of Mines. We learned how the M stays so white. The freshmen have take up a freshly painted rock each year. Low cost maintenance!
At the Coor's Brewery
At the Red Rocks
We then made our way to Grandma D's, where she gave us a lesson on how to iron a shirt
properly, we are both set for life now with a very useful skill! Sunday the Bruce clan came over, with darling Joe and Cole who are both little bundles of fun. I think Joe wore Dallin out because at 10 o' clock he was beyond ready for bed. On Monday, we made our way up to Boulder to explore CU, since Dallin has been looking into colleges to transfer too. While there, we saw a fire start in the mountains, very close to town which turned into a massive fire that burned 169 homes. I keep thinking, wow, we saw that start as such a small little guy and look what it turned into! Anyway, beside that, our visit to Boulder was very nice and that city is such a pretty city and the campus is beautiful as well.
Our trip to Colorado was a success. Dallin loved all of it, I'm pretty sure the family loved Dallin (he is a pretty likeable fellow), and we got a weekend to let our bodies stop moving for a little bit which made us realize just how tired we actually were from constantly moving all the time. Now, it is back to Utah, jobs and school. I really do love California and Colorado, mainly because family is there. I have a good family!
No comments:
Post a Comment