Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Me

This past weekend, we got to FINALLY use my birthday present from my dad to go and see Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum! For a 43-year-old man, Tim McGraw sure can put on a good show. He played for 2 hours straight, singing song after song. I think he only talked for a cumulative of about 1 minute throughout the WHOLE 2 hours. Still, we left wanting more because the man has so many good songs. One of the best parts was watching all the people who were there. The crowd was very eclectic. I mean, people who you would think only listen to Nine-Inch-Nails were rocking out to Tim McGraw. There is a reason he is a superstar and has been so successful for 22 years.

There he is! Tim McGraw, in the flesh

He had a pretty large back up band, which means he must be a big deal, right?


The traffic to get to the USANA amphitheatre where the concert was being held was atrocious! It took us over an hour to travel about 3 miles. Thanks to Wanda (my phone GPS. Love her), however, we were able to find a road that no one else was turning down which also lead to a safer part of town that we were able to use free parking. Yet, it is true that nothing is free. To get to the amphitheatre from where we parked we had to walk almost a mile and up a hill that was actually pretty funny to watch the intoxicated people try to go down after the concert. That, plus saving money, was worth the hike.

The hill we had to go down (with the drunk people in front of us)


On Sunday, we went to dinner at Deanne and Bonnie's (2nd cousin and great aunt on the Dunning side) which is always a treat. Deanne took us down to hobbitland (different from hobbitville) which is a nice little walk around a creek. Apparently, this area got its name from police back in the day when it was a big drug spot. However, they have worked hard to clean it up so we can now enjoy a little peace in the middle of Salt Lake.

Big news of the week! Dallin gets to meet the Colorado family over Labor Day weekend. We bought our tickets last week for a nice price, if I do say so myself. I do believe I'm more excited than he is. He admitted he is a little more nervous to meet uncle Bruce than he was my dad due to the fact that when I told Bruce we were coming he replied, "Good. I'll give him the Dunning grill." However, I told Dallin that Bruce is really just a big teddy bear and to not be intimidated by the height.

Today marks my one year anniversary of living in Utah. The journey definitely has been a learning experience through which I have discovered a lot about myself. Still, time really does fly, even if you're not having fun. Jokes, jokes. It has been fun and challenging at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...