Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mantrip to Start the Season

Fall is in the air which brings joy to my soul.  I. Love. Fall.  When I first moved to Utah, I missed the green, rolling hills of California...until fall when the mountains became red and golden peaks of beauty.  This, combined with the cooler weather, but not too cold, and fall holidays, has made fall even more loved by myself.  I have come to see it as God's little gift before Salt Lake County dies with the inversion of winter.

Dallin took this last year on his way up to Logan to buy my engagement ring.  Gorgeous.

Last week the family stopped through as they dropped Brad off at BYU-Idaho (which I hear he is thoroughly enjoying his college experience), which meant Dallin and I got to spend some time with them.  We took them to some of the touristy places of Salt Lake, some because there is just too many to visit all of them in one day!  Our mini tour included the Capital, the Salt Lake City Library, Park City (a drive through after a not up to par meal at Squatter's which was sad for us because we really enjoyed that restaurant the first time we went there a year ago), and the Blue Plate Diner for breakfast - yum!  The visit was short, but most definitely sweet.

Park City

Stairs of Salt Lake City Library

 
Utah Bison at State Capital

Good ol' Dallin
The past few days I have been alone because Mr. Dallin is on a mantrip in middle of nowhere Idaho hunting this:
Attractive, isn't it?
Hopefully he brings back some more exciting pictures.  As for me, I have been keeping busy with sewing projects including new pillows and an attempt at hot pads...

Other than that, work and school are still the main time consumers in our lives.  There may be some news in that department as soon as we figure out a possible new development in my work life.  Stay tuned!

Love you all.  XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...