See? It really is beginning to look a lot like fall! We are loving the leaves changing, but a small part of us wishes the weather were changing too. Friday it was 91 degrees...Fahrenheit...On the last day of September when it is usually in the 60's. We are told it is supposed to drop down to the 60's by Thursday. We will believe it when we see it.
In celebration of October, we went to Gardener's Village for the Witchfest. This was Dallin's first time and he was such a trooper going through all the novelty shops they have in Gardner Village. I think his favorite one was the shop with all the miniature villages, which he kept touching, regardless of the "Please Do Not Touch" sign along with the dad next to us constantly saying to his 4-year-old child "Do not touch." Such a bad example. However, I secretly really wanted to touch too...
 |
| Are you my Mummy? |
 |
| Incoming! |
 |
| Batter up. I think she won the bigger cheek contest |
 |
| Freaky guy in the decoration shop |
 |
| Spooky |
 |
| I think this is his witch face. However, he looks just mad that I put a furry witch hat on him... |
 |
| My good witch face |
 |
| I love Dallin's reflection in the window, still giggling at how hard of a time I had getting up on that thing |
 |
| Don't ponder too hard...the witch might turn you into a toad! |
 |
| Massive bling, bling |
Also this weekend, we took a drive with Deanne and Bonnie, my second cousin and great aunt on my mom's side, up to Evanston and around to Mirror Lake. Getting to see where my grandparents and beyond grew up was an interesting adventure. The scenery was beautiful along with the much needed fresh mountain air that you just don't seem to get in good ol' Salt Lake.
 |
| Fearless Driver, Deanne |
 |
| Good for anything gal, Bonnie |
 |
| Dunning home, built in 1919 |
 |
| They think this is the Sims home but were not sure. Grandma, correct them if they are wrong! |
 |
| Handsome little guy at the buffalo ranch |
 |
| Even had little babies |
 |
| Stretching their legs and getting a little snack |
 |
| Red rocks |
 |
| Just gorgeous. I would not mind living in that little cabin--at least until winter came along. |
 |
| Seriously, gorgeous drive! |
 |
| All the yellow made the hills look like gold |
 |
| Relaxing at Mirror Lake, looking at Bald Mountain. The name reminded me of a nickname I had in high school; Kelli Baldhead. Original, I know. |
 |
| Mirror Lake |
 |
| Thus why it is called Mirror Lake |
 |
| Bald Mountain |
 |
| Gorgeous sky |
 |
| Echo Dam...or so Deanne called it. Bonnie said "I just know it as a reservoir" followed by her silly grin |
The getaway was a much needed escape from the city, but we are glad to be home, making cake pops for Dallin's brother's wedding next weekend.
I finish up my last week of work this upcoming Friday, for which I am having a movie party with the kids. Should be fun! I will miss the little guys but am more than excited to get back to the behavior field. Dallin is working hard with his promotion to payroll at work, as well as expanding his mind at school. We are fine and dandy!
One more thing we want to share. The other night, we created something wonderful (or at least we think we created it...). I was craving BLT's but we did not have any lettuce. So, Dallin suggested putting an egg on it instead, and I thought ranch sounded good as I began to smell the aromas of the bacon, the toast, and the egg. When all was said and done, we had a BETR- Bacon, egg, tomato, and ranch sandwich. Also, it is better than a BLT. Seriously, try it. It is delicious!
 |
| BETR = Yum |
 |
| See? Thoroughly enjoying the BETR |
 |
| YUM! |
Get out and enjoy the fall. It is good for the soul! Love you all.
 |
| See? The fresh air made us happy |
Kelli your hair looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou take beautiful pictures miss Kelli!
ReplyDelete