Mr. and Mrs. Jared Green are officially married as of October 8th, 2011. The joyous event brought all the Green's to town which is always a treat.
On Friday night, we all boarded the Heber Creeper for a little trip down the haunted tracks of the historic train's past. When we got to the tracks around 7:15pm, we were greeted with cold, cold rain along with smiling Green's and hot chocolate. The later two made the coldness a bit more bearable. I really should not complain seeing as in the last update I had made the statement, "a small part of us wishes the weather were changing too." Drives the point home of "Be careful what you wish for." I suppose...
Anyway, we were welcomed onto the train by the Heber Creeper himself, a vagrant who has been on the train a little too long. I think the constant train movement knocked a few marbles loose in the old noggin. He was, nonetheless, entertaining. As soon as we started moving, stories of the train's haunting history began including a conductor who lost his head saving a little girl, a bride who was tragically separated from her groom on her wedding day upon the train, prisoners smotherd by the caves they dug under the train tracks to hide in once they escaped prison, the ancient cannibals of the canyon and even a werewolf. Old things bring lots of stories, both fiction and nonfiction, which is why I am completely fascinated by historic places. There is just something about history that draws me in, making me start to ponder what it would be like to live in that time and place. Probably why Ephesus was one of my favorite stops on the Mediterranean cruise I went on with my aunt. Chalk full of history. Wonderful, fascinating history. Needless to say, I was excited for the train before I even knew what the ride consisted of.
Getting back to the fright freight...after all the stories were told, the power on the train shut down following the conductor stating, "We should be fine as long as we keep moving." Not a fan when they foreshadow like that on spooky ventures. The lights went off, the lights came on and Rooney magically was across the benches in his mother's lap. He was very sly and quick to get there. We all stayed brave and calm until the ghosts boarded the train; masked ghosts. I take after my mother in the fact that we DO NOT DO MASKS. Something about not seeing who is behind the eyes you know are staring at you...freaky. I held it together, trying to help Hayley who was hidden in my brave hubby's jacket, until the headless conductor loomed over me, getting closer with his stomach which I knew contained someone who I could not see. I then pulled a Rooney and was on top of Hayley hidden in her jacket. I don't do masks.
Smiling Green's and Parlet's with hot chocolate
Prepping for the spookiness in the cold
Inside the train
Gorgeous Hayley
Aunt Theresa and Uncle Paul came along for the fun
Loel got excited
Her brave uncle
The Heber Creeper
The prisoner's
I don't remember who she was...maybe the old lady who had her house burned down...
Creepy doll lady
After Rooney jumped into his mom's lap
The rest of the ride was enjoyable once all the haunted personnel made it through our car. I do believe poor Hayley will never board a train again. Her summary to her father afterward was quite dramatic up until her and Rooney learned the phrase "Put it away, Pee-wee..." No more needs to be said.
The wedding itself was wonderful. Being on the other side of the sealing was quite enjoyable, being able to hear the words rather than trying to stop the flowing tears from pouring out of my eyes. The reception went smoothly and is best described by the videos and pictures.
The adopted Green boy, Kevin Rossi
Grandma Green and Jason waiting for the happy couple at the temple
Mr. and Mrs. Green
Smoochin' all day long
The groom helping set up the reception
Dallin's party face
Hayley and Jason's party faces
Prepping the getaway car
Grandma Green thoroughly enjoying the first dance
How sweet
Please note Kevin's description of his first dance
Oh my!
Such clever boys
Just good fun
All in all it was a very nice weekend, getting to spend time with the family and getting to know some of them a little better. Sad their visit was brief, glad they made it home safe, hope to see them soon. A special happy birthday to Poppa Green.
Last, but not least, I started my new job today and LOVED it. I forgot how much I enjoy in-home therapy until I was in the homes today. My little one's are darling.
No comments:
Post a Comment