Given the theme of February is love (and Black history) we decided to go with the top 5 THINGS we love and why we love them. Everyone knows we love each other, feeling little spud moving around in my belly, our friends and family (and black history), so we restricted ourselves to THINGS we love in order to get a little more variety in answers.
Kelli:
1. Sunny days. There is just something about the sun coming through a window with all its brightness and cheeriness that makes it near impossible to wake up thinking, "Today is going to be an awful day." Especially living in Utah where 4 months out of the year are filled with darkness, loving the sun has definitely moved up on my list.
2. Learning. I am truly a nerd at heart. I never got below an A in any class until college, secretly loved math (don't tell my dad) and reading about all the historical events in the world. Learning is a passion of mine and I really do miss college mainly for that sole reason.
3. That killer deal at the store. I absolutely LOVE looking at the price on a super cute shirt or pair of pants or shoes or household item and seeing it under $5 even though it is worth triple that. This along with seeing people fall...not falls where they get hurt, but just honest to goodness harm-free falls. Makes me feel good inside.
4. Changing into sweats at the end of the day. I have always loved changing into comfy clothes, but especially since I have been preggo. There is nothing like just being able to take off the constricting clothes of the day and letting loose in a pair of sweats.
5. Heart to hearts with anyone and everyone. If I can get someone to open up to me about something, anything, there is no better feeling than just being able to sit and chat with them for an indefinite amount of time. I secretly believe I was a born therapist in the sense that I have a knack for being able to just listen to people and help them feel comfortable with the decisions they make. Consequently, heart to hearts make my heart feel good.
Dallin:
1. Warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven with a glass of cold milk. There is little that can compare with this wonderful mixture of warm doughy goodness. I have been known to eat this as a substitute for dinner (as well as pickles and coleslaw) from time to time.
2. Fresh cut grass. Some might be allergic to it, but I have fond memories of playing out in our yard in the summer time after the lawn had just been cut. We would play basketball, skateboard, ride our bikes, swim in the creek all the while trying not to get eaten by the mosquitos. I suppose it is not the grass necessarily that is my favorite, as much as what the smell means to me.
3. Fishing, fly or reel. It is such a relaxing past time. Here in Utah there are plenty of spots to go just minutes from where we live. I do enjoy stream fishing more than lake fishing, just because of the variety of scenery and the mobility that you have of moving to different spots with ease. It is not uncommon to be in contact with a moose or two up the canyon, which always makes the trip just a little more exciting. However, when you get your line caught on a tree that is across the river and you end up loosing your new fly that you just bought, then it becomes a little frustrating!
4. Climbing into bed at the end of the day. As long as this is one of my favorite things to do, I know that I have had a productive day.
5. New socks. In my opinion, you have to have a pair of socks for a good long while (they need to have a hole or two) before you buy a new pair. That soft cushy feel is irreplaceable. They are also excellent to go sliding around the kitchen floor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aida is 4!
Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...
-
What's your name? Luke Benson How old are you? 8 What is your favorite thing to do? Play outside What do you want to be when you gr...
-
This quote perfectly sums up the past four days in the Green family. The best place to start is the beginning, but if you are not interested...
No comments:
Post a Comment