Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Woes of a Sick Husband

Dallin incurred strep throat from one of our lovely little sunbeams last Sunday in church which made for a pretty miserable week for all parties involved.  Word to the wise for all parents: if you child is sick, has been with people who have had very contagious illnesses or has not been symptom free for at least 24-hours, keep them home!  Love children, but they are giant walking germs with their nose picking, spit loving, finger licking yuminess.  I was thinking the other day as I watched one of my client's continuously pick his runny nose, those poor kids probably wonder why we adults keep telling them to use a tissue when God made their fingers the perfect size to get the job done...to conclude my "teacher rant," just keep the sick home.

Anyway, Mr. Dallin has a slight allergy to all -cillan medications which means he had to take a very diluted cillan antibiotic.  They took a little longer to work their magic, but finally by Friday he was feeling better and swallowing like a normal person.  I was quite impressed though when he informed me that this was the first time he ever remembers being diagnosed with strep-throat.  The Baldwin household was no stranger to strep, or any other throat illness for that matter.  We had it visit our home at least once a year, along with a one-time mono visit which is strep times 20.  However, due to this familiarity to the symptoms of strep, when Dallin woke up Tuesday, told me his throat hurt like knives scraping it and that there were white spots, I sent him to the doctor immediately.  Hopefully, since we caught it right at the beginning, and I followed him around with Lysol wipes, we have successfully kicked it out of our home.  I am mostly grateful that he is feeling better, that we have medications that can help quickly, as well as modern marvels such as sanitary cycles on the washing machine and Lysol to use when needed.

On to more uplifiting news, the sun shined all week here in Utah, reaching temperatures of 43 degrees!  Practically short weather, especially for preggo-Kelli.  Poor Dallin gets chilly in our house because if the thermostat is higher than 62 degrees, I am ROASTING.  Good thing we have lots and lots of blankets!

Our 2-year anniversary is Monday.  To celebrate, we are going up to Park City to stay in a Bed and Breakfast for the weekend.  I have always wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast so we decided it would be a good time to do that.  Dallin's work also gave him tickets to the premier of the movie Oz for Saturday morning.  We are looking forward to a fun-filled weekend getaway.

Baby Spud is 26 Weeks old and kicking away.  The dreaded glucose test is this Friday.  If someone wants to make a ton of money, come up with a better way to test for gestational diabetes! 
25 Weeks


1 comment:

  1. I don't know why people complain so much about that test. I did not think it was that bad. I was not a big fan of not eating before the test, but the stuff they gave me to drink tasted like Sprite. So maybe it won't be so bad for you. I just took a book to read while I waited to get my blood drawn.

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...